Digital Cities Challenge
Join the European Commission challenge to transform your city with free policy advice and coaching from high-level European experts, in your local language. Call for applications in now open.
UBC members cities are invited to participate in a digitalisation programme curated by the EU’s COSME programme and executed by a partnership led by Technopolis Group.
EU Digital Challenge
- free-of-charge high quality policy advice
- coaching and facilitation
- high-level experts with local and international experience.
- Tailored support in your local language,
- A process designed to help cities to develop and implement strategic plans addressing economic growth and social welfare.
- Deadline: 24 November
Info webinar 24 October 24
- Find out how to apply or
- Would just like some more information about how your city can truly benefit from the programme,
The one-hour webinar will include:
- Overview of the Digital Cities Challenge Call for applications
- Application form tips
- Questions and answers
- The Digital Cities Challenge Team will also be available to answer any questions you might have about the challenge and application process.
About the programme
- Tailored advice and support from high-level experts who will be familiar with your city, its current challenges and future ambitions
- Access to tools allowing you to develop a clear understanding of what stage of digital maturity your city can currently claim and where you should be aiming to be
- Access to unique and innovative training and capacity building sessions for key staff and representatives of your city
- Dialogue with other cities in Europe who have embarked or are in the process of embarking on the same challenge, in order to exchange ideas, experiences and best practices
- Access to European networks and platforms
- Developed a strategy and action plan to move towards digital transformation. This will include tangible, achievable and measurable steps to be taken in the short, medium and long term
- Built a community of local stakeholders willing to engage in the digital transformation process
- Gained exposure at a European level and established itself as a beacon for the transformative power of digitalisation
- Built a network of European peers and partners able to offer mutual support and advice in the future