Speakers and parallel workshops at the XV UBC General Conference
The XV UBC General Conference “Building an inclusive and resident-focused city. The Baltic way” will be held on 15–18 October 2019 in Kaunas, Lithuania. The conference hosts top-level speakers across the Baltic Sea Region.
Confirmed speakers (as of June 2019):
- Per Bødker Andersen, President of UBC
- Visvaldas Matijošaitis, Mayor of Kaunas
- Markku Markkula, 1st Vice President of the Committee of the Regions
- Bernd Hemingway, Deputy Director General, Council of the Baltic Sea States Secretariat
- Per Schöldberg, MP, Swedish Parliament
- Katarina Ivanković Knežević, Director for Social Aﬀairs at DG Employment for Social Aﬀairs and Inclusion
- Normunds Popens, Deputy Director-General at DG for Regional and Urban Policy
- Saara Malila, Director of Communication at The City of Turku, former Communications Manager at Turku2011 Foundation
- Virginija Vitkienė, Director, Kaunas 2022
- Graziella Vella, Research Coordinator at Valletta 2018 Foundation
- Rossella Tarantino, Development and Relations Manager, Matera 2019
- Irena Kregar Šegota, Development and Strategic Partnerships Director, Rijeka 2020
- Krzysztof Maj, General Director w European Capital of Culture Wrocław 2016
- Fredrik Lindegren, Director of culture at the City of Umeå, former Artistic Director for Umeå2014
Interactive parallel workshops
In addition to the plenaries, interactive parallel workshops form the backbone of the General Conference.
In the XV UBC General Conference, themes in the workshops include environment, fighting radicalization, building inclusive and equal societies, youth issues, citizens’ participation in the cities’ governing, digitalization, education, project funding opportunities, and health.
See all the workshops in the conference programme: http://ubc.net/sites/default/files/kaunas_gc_programme_outline_18_june.pdf