Save the date for the next UBC Safe Cities Commissions meeting to be held in the city of Lahti (Finland) in June 12-14, 2018.
Registration and other information will follow soon.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- get together party (evening)
Wednesday June 13, 2018
- program x
- field trip by bus: How the security is made. Case “Jukolan viesti” (The international orienteering relay competition.) http://www.jukola.com/2018/en/
- dinner. Hosted by the chairman of the Lahti City Board
Thursday June 14, 2018
- program x
Information about hotels
Hotel (the best city hotel in Europe): Lahden Seurahuone (Venue of the UBC Safe Cities Commission meeting) - https://www.sokoshotels.fi/en/lahti/sokos-hotel-lahden-seurahuone
Prices for UBC Safe Citises Commission meeting (12.-14.06.2018)
- Standard single person room 101 € (per room / per night / Including breakfast)
- Standard two persons room 126 € (per room / per night / Including breakfast)
Room reservation code is: LAHDEN KAUPUNKI. That is in english “City of Lahti”. Code is valid to 12.5.2018. After that the prices are higher and there may not be any rooms available.
Telephone: Sokoshotels center +358201234600, hotels desk +358201234655 or hotels sales service +358201234654.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Other hotels near are:
- This might be cheapest: http://book.visitlahti.fi/en/accommodation/a1146629/hotel-kauppahotelli-grand/details
- There is also other options available: http://visitlahti.fi/en/accommodation
Getting to LAHTI
- From Estonia (and Sweden) you can come to Finland by a ship. There are many options for ferries.
- By airplane, choose Helsinki airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/helsinki-airport because connections are much better from Helsinki airport, than from city of Turku or city of Tampere.
- From Helsinki airport you can jump in to a bus or a train: http://visitlahti.fi/en/arriving
- In Lahti you can choose taxi, but hotels are so near, that you might want to walk, as everybody else does.
- You don’t need any local bus in Lahti, but if you want to travel by it: http://www.lsl.fi/english/
- Antti Prepula is ready to assist you, if you need some help. Don't hesitate to ask.
Photo: Niklas Rekola