UBC Communications Seminar will be held 15–16 April 2015 in Turku, Finland. The seminar’s aim is to provide concrete tools and ideas for Member Cities’ and Commissions’ everyday work, a possibility to influence and to create new ways of thinking in UBC communications.
One of the goals of the UBC Strategy 2010–2015 has been to energize and streamline the UBC work and to optimise the use of resources. In addition to restructuring of the UBC Commissions, developing UBC’s communications and marketing is one of the important development processes.
Working together to improve our communications
UBC Communications Seminar is intended for UBC Member Cities’ representatives – especially those who the cities have nominated to take part in UBC’s new Communications Network – representatives from each new UBC Commission and others in Commissions who are interested in communications and its development. Also participants from UBC’s partnering organisations are welcome to attend.
Programme outline – see links below for full programme
Wednesday 15 April, 11.30–17
General topics and discussion, with focus on UBC
- Theme 1: UBC and its role in the Baltic Sea Region cooperation
- Theme 2: HELCOM – a case example on developing external communications
- Theme 3: Attracting the media
Thursday 16 April, 9–16
Focus will be on concrete matters of UBC communications, developing communication between different UBC actors and a special case example on social media.
- Theme 4: Social media as a tool for getting our messages known
- Workshop 1: Developing UBC’s external communications
- Workshop 2: Developing UBC’s internal communications
+358 40 848 6242.