Vacancy announcement: UBC is recruiting a Project Coordinator
Union of the Baltic Cities (UBC) is the leading network of cities in the Baltic Sea Region with Member Cities from Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden. Founded in 1991 in Gdańsk, UBC is a voluntary, proactive network mobilizing the shared potential of its member cities. UBC works through seven Commissions: Cultural Cities, Inclusive and Healthy Cities, Planning Cities, Safe Cities, Smart and Prospering Cities, Sustainable Cities, and Youthful Cities.
The UBC and its Member Cities work in close cooperation with other partners and participate actively for the implementation of regional strategies, notably the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region EUSBSR.
For more information about UBC, please visit our home page: https://www.ubc.net/
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced expert to strengthen our team as a Project Coordinator within the Interreg Baltic Sea Region co-funded project focused on capacity building and involvement in the Baltic Sea Region and thus contributing to the EUSBSR. Horizontal Action Capacity and Involvement (HA Capacity) was established in 2015 as part of the second revision of the Action Plan accompanying the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR). The overarching aim is to build capacity among existing and potential stakeholders that can contribute to the realisation of the goals inherent in the EUSBSR.
- coordinating the tasks assigned to the UBC according to the Project Work Plan
- promotion of a wider involvement and participation in the implementation of EUSBSR, strengthening the implementation in member states
- participating and co-organizing structure dialogues on the implementation of the EUSBSR
- being involved in activities aimed at alignment of policymaking on a national level with EUSBSR
- participating in Project Partners meetings and keeping regular contact with all project partners
- tasks related to project reporting
- supporting communications of the Project
- other administrative tasks connected to the Project
- flexible working schedule with frequent flight included is mandatory
Qualifications and experience
- Higher education, preferably background in Political Science
- Knowledge of the EUSBSR and its governance structure
- At least 7 years of experience in European projects
- Being involved in policy dialogues with key EU stakeholders such as European Commission or European Parliament for at least 5 years
- At least 5 years of experience in moderating policy dialogue and events such as panel debates and workshops
- At least 5 years of experience in preparing and running policy events
- Previous work with international organisations in policy and project initiatives will be considered as asset
Terms of appointment
The selected candidate is expected to start preferably on 1st July 2020. The appointment is planned to be part-time (preferably half-time) for one year, with a possibility for prolongation.
How to apply?
Applicants with the required expertise and personal qualities are invited to submit their application (consisting of a CV and a motivation letter) via e-mail to UBC Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 June 2020. Please write “Project Coordinator” in the subject field of the message.
The interviews will tentatively take place on 26 June 2020 via Skype or another online communicator.