The SI Baltic Sea Neighbourhood Programme is a programme which provides funding to projects in which Swedish organisations work on cross-border challenges and opportunities together with organisations from the EU countries around the Baltic Sea and countries in the EU’s Eastern Partnership.
There are two different types of grants: seed funding and funding for cooperation projects.
Seed funding aims to lay the foundation for cooperation. For example, projects can use seed funding to:
- Prepare applications for new funding (mainly EU).
- Develop concepts and identify partners for future cooperation.
You and your partners can apply for up to SEK 400,000 for a project you complete within 15 months from the start of the project.
Funding for cooperation projects aims to deepen and further develop cooperation. For example, you can use the funding to:
- Build networks and platforms.
- Develop and test models and methods.
- Provide input to policy and strategy.
- Build/spread knowledge and competence.
These are larger projects that will contribute to in-depth, long-term cooperation. You and your partners can apply for up to SEK 1,000,000 for a project you complete within 24 months from the start of the project.