Union of the Baltic Cities, Northern Europe’s largest city network has organized a webinar on the Future of Tourism on 16.06.2020.
More than 60 experts from the tourism and marketing sector have discussed the following questions:
- Ways out of the lockdown
- Future marketing of the region
- Changes in the tourism industry
Bettina Bunge and Hermann Fercher take a look at the future of tourism in the Baltics and in the Alps. Kampen on the German North Sea and Lech in the Austrian Alps separate 1033 kilometers and 1450 meters in altitude. Separate? Surprise, surprise. The two tourist superstars are best friends and partners. As a surprise guest, Birgit Friese tells us how it works. Anne-Marget Hellén (Turku), Marta Chelkowska (Pomorskie Voivodeship) and Uwe Wanger (Kiel) have reported from our UBC member cities.
The main findings of the webinar:
- Cooperation is more important in the crisis than ever before
- Innovation and sustainability are the future of tourism
- Quality replaces mass tourism
- Security and social interaction are becoming increasingly important
Presentation of Bettina Bunge
Presentation of Hermann Fercher