UMBRELLA 2.0 project aims at initiating a process for the development of strong multi-actor and multi-level governance partnerships that can undertake cross-sectoral sustainable solutions while following the principles and objectives of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, EU Green Deal and UN SDG.
The project’s kick off meeting was held online on 13 January 2021 to officially start the activities in the new project. Read more about the meeting on Euroregion Baltic website at: www.eurobalt.org/umbrella-2-0-project-kicked-off/
The overall aims of the project concerning the Baltic Sea Region are:
- To raise awareness of opportunities and benefits of transnational and cross-border cooperation and in-crease regional stakeholders’ interest in it;
- To empower stakeholders to build strategic and long term-partnerships, support networking, and straighten community of practitioners in different sectors;
- To improve knowledge of the EU, its financial instruments and relevant strategies, with particular focus on the EUSBSR;
- To explore the opportunities and benefits of being part of EUSBSR and offer practical guidelines on how to engage in long-term;
- To help build competencies, i.e. knowledge and skills necessary to run projects with benefit to the Policy areas, and build specific networks of interest in different sectors in a cross-sectorial manner focusing on a shift and transformation by our beneficiaries (activating them for a sustainable transnational cooperation).
The aims concerning the EU:
- To create an understanding of the strategic importance, long-term goals, action plans and interrelations between the EUSBSR, EU Green Deal and UN SDGs;
- to initiate a process that will establish cross-sectoral partnerships which in turn will commit to the imple-mentation of the EUSBSR, EU Green Deal and UN SDGs.
- Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic (ERB) – lead
- Union of the Baltic Cities (UBC)
- Baltic Sea States Subregional Cooperation (BSSSC) – Associated partner
More information: email@example.com