The UBC Planning Cities Commission Seminar will be held on 27-29 September 2021 in Rostock, Germany.
>> You can watch the seminar through live stream: https://www.conf.dfn.de/stream/nr5o4prex6chj
Program of the streaming:
MONDAY 27th of September
9:00 - opening, Paulina Szewczyk (UBC Planning Cities Commission), Andrea Krönert (Chairwomen of Rostocks city councils board for integrated urban –and regi¬onal development, environment, public order).
9:15 - general introduction with city, planning actualities, challenges (Oliver Köp¬pen, urban planner team Rostock)
9:30 - evaluation of UBC Workshop 2017 outcomes
- national gardener and urban landscape exhibition Rostock “BUGA2025” (Renate Behrmann, Robert Strauss)
- city harbours city bridge project (Carsten Nielsen INROS Lackner Ltd. )
- the Warnow-quarter: the Rostock model project of the national govern¬ment for innovative urban planning (BUGA2025 team and Jens Will)
10:15 - coffee break
10:35 -11:40 lecture and discussion about the topic of the seminar and introduction to project territories in Rostock NW
- urban planners perspective (Anja Epper, Oliver Köppen, Anette Truché, Dr. Andreas Schubert, Jens Will; Dürten Schölens – key initiative; now in rehabili¬tation)
- heritage protection officers perspective (Uta Jahnke, Peter Writschan)
- social planners, quarter development managers perspective (Claudia Niele¬bock, Daniel Jarohs).
TUESDAY 28th of September
8:30 – 9:30 lecture: “Renewal of Large Housing Estates – German Experiances” Dr. Bernd Hunger, chairman, Center of Competence for Major Housing Estates”, Berlin
WEDNESDAY 29th of September
10:30 - public presentation of outcome results; discussions with Lord Mayor of Rostock, Claus Ruhe Madsen and stakeholders,
11:15 – conclusions
11:30 - coffe break
11:45 – 12:00 - invitation to next UBC meeting, miscellaneous
From a model city of socialist urbanization to a sustainable city
Rostock NW 2035+
How to make 5 absolutely solid satellite towns even better?
Talk to your colleagues or your boss, consider the travelling possibilities, save the date and register using the link below:
These days it is hard to predict the future, but we are taking our courage „in both hands” and we are doing preparatory work before the Seminar with full power.
More information is attached.
We are looking forward to see you in Rostock!
Chairwoman of the UBC Planning Cities Commission