The registration to the UBC Safe Cities Commission and project “Youth for safer youth” meeting in Liepāja, 10-12 December 2019 is open!
Registration deadline is on 30 November 2019. Also, the special prices in the hotels will be available until 30 November 2019, but the sooner you book, the better.
Registration is available at: https://forms.gle/HxHkCP74TGyikwr47
Evening – Arrivals and Dinner with discussions
Morning – Session 1
Midday – Lunch
Afternoon – Session 2
Evening – Dinner
Morning – Session 3
Midday – Lunch and Departures
A more detailed meeting agenda will be available later.
Location of the venues:
· Welcome Dinner (venue will be provided later).
· All working sessions (December 11 and 12) will take place in the Concert Hall “Lielais Dzintars” (Great Amber) http://lielaisdzintars.lv/en.
Accommodation: different hotels, guest apartments and hostels you can find at https://liepaja.travel/en/plan/accommodation/
Special prices in two hotels for bookings till 30 November:
- Closest - Hotel „Promenade Hotel“, Double room for Single use 56.00 EUR / per night incl. breakfast. For booking please write to email@example.com. Password - UBCSAFE
- A little bit further - Hotel „Art Hotel Roma“, Double room for Single use 35.00 EUR / per night incl. breakfast. For booking please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Password – UBCSAFE
How to get to Liepāja: all necessary information how to get to Liepāja you’ll find https://liepaja.travel/en/plan/how-to-get-to-liepaja/
- Those who are planning to come by car. There are special parking places near or at the hotel.
- Those who come to Liepāja via Riga Airport, the easiest way to come to Liepāja is by bus (3,5 hours). Liepāja Bus Park in collaboration with Baltic Taxi offers its passengers a direct connection to Riga International Airport without entering the city centre. This service costs an additional €1.42. You must book a seat on the bus at least 15 minutes before it departs from Riga Coach Terminal by calling +371 63 422 754 or +371 26 393 694. Go to the “Baltic Taxi” office in the airport 5 minutes before the bus departs from the bus terminal. The taxi will then take you to the “Mežmalas Iela” bus stop to get on the Liepāja-bound bus.
- Train connection between Riga and Liepāja runs only on weekend, so you can forget about this possibility.
- There are direct flights from Riga to Liepāja. But the flight timetable is somewhat bad for our meeting. But you can still check on www.airbaltic.com
- Based on arrival times, the organizers may be able to provide a transfer from and to Riga airport, but it will be based on the times arriving to Riga airport. So at the registration, please fill in the Riga airport arrival time and wait for information about the transfer.
UBC Safe Cities Commission