Save the date for the next UBC Safe Cities Commission meeting to be held in the city of Lahti (Finland) in June 12-14, 2018.
18:00 - Get together party. We gather in the lobby of the Hotel Lahden Seurahuone
09:00 - 09.20 Welcome to Lahti
09.20 - 09.40 Safe cities commissions current topics (Kaspars Varpins)
09.40 - 10.00 Regional government, health and social services reform in Finland
10.00 - 10.15 Coffee break
10.15 - 11.00 Youth suggestions in UBC General Conference in Vaxjo to the main topics of the safety and security issues. (Kaspars Varpins)
11.00 - 12.00 Participants presentations of their own topics 1/2
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch (Hotel Seurahuone)
13.00 - 14.00 Participants presentations of their own topics 2/2
14.00 - 14.10 To a bus
14.10 - 14.30 By bus from Hotel to Hollola
14.30 - 16.30 How the security is made (with coffee). Case Jukolan viesti (The international orienteering relay competition.) http://www.jukola.com/2018/en/ (Security Manager Raine Nurminen)
16.30 - 17.20 Back to Lahti. We drive by Lahti Sports Center to hotel.
19.00 - Dinner. We gather in the lobby of the hotel. (Chairman Pekka Komu)
09.00 - 09.45 Climate change, risks and vulnerabilities (Sustainable Development Coordinator Eira Rosberg-Airaksinen)
09.45 - 09.50 To a bus
09.50 - 10.00 To the new police station in Hennala
10.00 -11.30 Police in Finland. Cooperation with other authorities. (Police Chief Ilkka Koskimäki)
11.40 - 12.30 Lunch
12.30 - 13.45 To Helsinki airport, if needed.
13.45 Have a safe trip to home!
Register by 25 May 2018 at: https://bit.ly/2Gf1Yql
Information about hotels
Hotel (the best city hotel in Europe): Lahden Seurahuone (Venue of the UBC Safe Cities Commission meeting) - https://www.sokoshotels.fi/en/lahti/sokos-hotel-lahden-seurahuone
Prices for UBC Safe Citises Commission meeting (12.-14.06.2018)
- Standard single person room 101 € (per room / per night / Including breakfast)
- Standard two persons room 126 € (per room / per night / Including breakfast)
“Room reservation code is: LAHDEN KAUPUNKI. That is in english “City of Lahti”. Code is valid to 25.5.2018. After that the prices are higher and there may not be any rooms available.”
Telephone: Sokoshotels center +358201234600, hotels desk +358201234655 or hotels sales service +358201234654.E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other hotels near are:
- This might be cheapest: http://book.visitlahti.fi/en/accommodation/a1146629/hotel-kauppahotelli-grand/details
- There is also other options available: http://visitlahti.fi/en/accommodation
Getting to LAHTI
- From Estonia (and Sweden) you can come to Finland by a ship. There are many options for ferries.
- By airplane, choose Helsinki airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/helsinki-airport because connections are much better from Helsinki airport, than from city of Turku or city of Tampere.
- From Helsinki airport you can jump in to a bus or a train: http://visitlahti.fi/en/arriving
- In Lahti you can choose taxi, but hotels are so near, that you might want to walk, as everybody else does.
- You don’t need any local bus in Lahti, but if you want to travel by it: http://www.lsl.fi/english/
- Antti Prepula is ready to assist you, if you need some help. Don't hesitate to ask.
Photo: Niklas Rekola